In the next few weeks, UPLA will begin installing 5 kiosks on Sand Mountain to help people enjoy the extensive trail system. The Kiosks will be finished on both sides, one with a detailed Trail Map and the other with Sand Mountain Guidelines.
The Goals Of Utah Public Lands Alliance are to:
- Identify, preserve and improve Public Lands for responsible recreational use in Utah and its surrounding area.
- Educate the Public about the importance of responsible use of multi-use lands
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with Government agencies (local, state and federal officials, BLM, SITLA, etc)
- Represent Multi-sport interests (4×4, ATV, UTV, Dirt Bike, Mountain Bike, Equestrian, etc.).
- Identify and execute projects that protect and enhance the responsible use of Public Lands.
- Preserve and Protect Sand Mountain OHV area for ALL forms of recreation.
The 5 Kiosks will be installed at Washington Dam, Water Tanks, Tunnel, Green Gate, and Top of the World. A UPLA Lifetime Membership will give you access to the tracks associated with each of these trails and many others throughout the state.
Positive change is rarely accomplished by one person or group, it’s when people unite for a common cause that the magic happens. The installation of these Kiosks was the result of combined efforts of The US Department of the Interior, Desert Roads and Trails Society, and Utah Public Lands Alliance. UPLA needs your help to complete and expand projects like this. To help make a positive difference, we urge you to become a Member or Contact us to Volunteer or Donate.